Welcome to the Barrhaven Dental Centre!
BARRHAVEN DENTAL CENTRE IS NOW CLOSED FOR SUMMER VACATION.
We will return on Monday August 9, 2021 at 8:00am. If you have a dental emergency during this time, please call the Ottawa Dental Society emergency number @ 613-523-4185.
The doctors and staff look forward to taking care of your denatl needs upon our return!
Dear Valued Patient,
Life has been anything but normal and we sincerely hope you and your family are in good health. Dental care has been deemed an essential service and during this current provincial shutdown, we are able to provide care for your dental needs. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Our office has always followed the strictest infection control standards. In order to keep us all protected during this pandemic and in the future, we have enhanced our protocols in accordance to the guidelines formulated by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health and Public Health Ontario. When we see you at your next appointment, things will be a little different.
- We will ask some screening questions before your appointment and you’ll be asked those same questions again when you’re in the office.
- You will be asked to wait outside our office or in your car and call us when you arrive and then wait for a call back to let you know when you can enter the office.
- You will be asked to wear a mask to your appointment and your temperature will be taken upon arrival.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the clinic and before you leave the operatory. There are more dispensers around the office for you to use as needed.
- Our waiting room will be off limits at this time and will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys since those items are difficult to fully disinfect.
- Appointments will be spaced out to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean less flexibility for scheduling your appointment, but it will also reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Depending on the procedure, we may be wearing more protective gear – such as masks, face shields, gowns – than we normally do during your visit.
- High volume suction has been proven to reduce aerosols by 95-99%. The dental operatories have always utilized high volume suction and now the hygiene operatories will be using high volume suction to reduce airborne contamination.
- Rubber dams will be used wherever possible during restorative procedures to further reduce aerosols.
Since we felt that air quality was extremely important to the safety of our patients and staff a long time before COVID19, Barrhaven Dental Centre purchased a Surgically Clean Air Purifier 10 years ago for maximum removal of airborne particulates (viruses, bacteria, fungus, chemicals & odors, aerosols). We’ve always tried to stay a step ahead of infection control protocols and to build on this commitment to the health and well-being of our patients and staff, we have purchased a Surgically Clean Air Purifier for every operatory to sterilize the air. This HEPA filter is a surgical grade indoor air cleaning system that has approximately 30 air exchanges/hour, filters down to the size of COVID19 (0.1 microns) and kills the virus with a UV light.
We look forward to seeing you again. If you have any questions, please let us know. To make an appointment, call our office at 613-825-3132 or email us using the form below.
Thank you for your patience and loyalty throughout this ordeal. We value your trust and look forward to welcoming you back!
Dr. Suzanne Baillie, Dr. Marc Deschamps and the Team at The Barrhaven Dental Centre